Join this free ten week improvers lipreading course and build on themes covered at the introductory level. As you further develop your lipreading skills you will also improve your ability to communicate and reduce the impact of hearing loss. This course is designed for those who have some experience and knowledge of lipreading, but newcomers to lipreading would also be welcome.
Topics covered by Improvers lipreading
Topics will include:-
- Communication and Repair Strategies (keeping the conversation moving).
- Revision of helpful lip shape groups and an introduction to less helpful groups.
- Introduction to the Vowel groups, including the significance of regional accent and dialect.
- Conversation building,
The course will delivered by our experienced Course Tutor, Tracy Carroll. Tracy will give you the opportunity to practise lipreading in a safe and positive environment.
Please note: This course will be conducted via Zoom
Date and Time
This 10 week course starts on Wednesday the 13th October 2021 and we are offering two time slots:
10am – 11.45am
6pm – 7.45pm
No access to Zoom?
If you would like to take part in the training but haven’t any way to access Zoom we can lend you one of our tablets for the duration of the course. These tablets have zoom and email pre-installed so you don’t need to worry about having pre-existing technological know how.
Just tell us if you would like to borrow a tablet when emailing us to book your place
How to Register for Improvers Lipreading
Please make sure you provide us with :
- The name of the course i.e Improvers.
- The time slot you would like to register for.
- Your full name.
- Details of any hearing loss.
If you would like to borrow a tablet to access the course via Zoom then please remember to tell us in your email.