Deaf Action is a deaf-led charity based in Edinburgh who have recently set up the Bright Deal Project is targeted towards the Deaf and hard of hearing communities in Scotland. The aim of this project is to advise people on how to manage their energy bills within their households.
As part of the service, they provide advice and information on the following areas:
· Home energy advice – Bright Deal – Home energy advice on Vimeo
· Energy Bills – Bright Deal – How to pay energy bills on Vimeo
· Ofgem energy prices rising – Bright Deal – Ofgem & rising energy prices on Vimeo
· Switching energy providers – Bright Deal – Switching providers on Vimeo
· Help to understand bills and read meters Bright Deal – Understanding your bills on Vimeo
· How to access renewable energy – Bright Deal – Renewable energy on Vimeo
· Winter Fuel Poverty – Bright Deal – Save money this winter on Vimeo
· How to set up a heating controls – Bright Deal – Controlling your heating on Vimeo
· Learn about running costs of appliances- Bright Deal – Energy efficient appliances on Vimeo
· To receive save tips such as low-cost energy measures – Bright Deal – Energy saving tips on Vimeo
· And much more…
The links above provide access to the information in British Sign Language with subtitles.
Bright Deal is a free service funded by the Energy Saving Trust.
They have British Sign Language interpreters available who can provide communication with those with a hearing loss.
For further information, you can access their website and book an appointment with them. You can book a 10-minute video-call with their advisors or book a house visit.
To book an appointment, please use the following link:
Alternatively, you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact them via WhatsApp on 07365490306