Care Home Service
We offer care homes a free comprehensive service which will enable staff to be able to give further support to residents who are hard of hearing.
Our training and support programme includes:
- Basic Hearing Aids Maintenance Training re: cleaning, re-tubing and changing batteries.
- Further training given to new staff when necessary.
- A visit from one of our trained volunteers every 4 months to carry out a maintenance service to all the residents with hearing aids.
- A follow up review by a member of our staff on an annual basis.
- Ongoing advice and support.
Why use our service?
“It is estimated that three quarters of the four hundred thousand people in care homes in the UK have hearing loss”
Research found that if care home residents’ hearing loss is managed effectively, there is a real chance of improving quality of life within a care home.